It seems that attaching leaves to my flower pins (my original plan) didn't work out the way I had planned it. Evidently, too much bulk in the back of the pin caused it to lean forward. That plan was scrapped and a more simplistic version has taken it's place.
This is the first pin that I put together. It's too bad about the leaves because it did add a nice contrast to the flower. I wish I had discovered the problem before I made almost 400 leaves. Ugh!
The completed flowers, although quite plain, are still very pretty.
A warm welcome to all the new visitors to my blog. My stat counts have gone through the roof. Thank you Libby for the mention on your blog. Libby's blog is new to me and one that I plan to explore much further. She has some beautiful quilts, craft projects, recipes, and pet photo's to share. She recently made an Americana fabric pinwheel which she included in a primitive tableau. Gorgeous!
I am desperately trying to juggle my time on the computer with the time that I need to spend on sewing and crafting. In an effort to do so, starting tomorrow, I will be posting during evening hours. The plan is to keep the computer turned off until evening. This does mean that most of you will get my posts a day late and for that I apologize. I haven't been as productive as necessary so I have to reduce all temptation of staying on the computer all day. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Hope this works!
Have a fabulous day, everyone.