Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Severely Addicted

I officially have polka dots on the brain. It was bound to happen. Don't come too close or you probably will catch it. Too much touching and caressing of polka dot fabrics will do that to you. Consider yourself warned. Then again, since this is a self-induced kind of disease, have at it if you wish. The residual effects of the disease is that you will be left with many cute polka dotted projects. I can handle that, how about you? *grin*



After viewing oodles of photo's of real owls, I have come to the conclusion that some owls are cute and some owls are not so cute. In fact, you could say some owls are downright scary looking.
I think I'll stick with the polka dot owl. She's nice and gentle, doesn't screech and hoot and is pretty to look at.

Incase you don't already know, I'm currently hosting a giveaway for this pretty polka dot pillow. Please comment under that post (5/19) to be eligible for the giveaway.


Thank you for the cute quotes and sayings that continue to come in. I'm really enjoying them.

Have a great day!

Aloha!

12 comments:

sweetiepie said...

Is that the rare polka dotted yo yo owl? I hope they don't become an endangered species. Cute little owl, Lettie!

Mom2fur said...

Polka dots are fresh and fun and cute. And in a way, they are kind of organized but chaotic (is that a word?) at the same time--kinda like life itself, LOL! Maybe this is why they are so cool.
Hey, thanks for linking to my blog! I'm going to put you on my "Incredible Growing Blog List"!

Kim West said...

what a great owl... so cute!!

Sandra :) said...

Heehee sweet owl - she looks very wise, but I think she probably has a wild side to her ;)

Owl leave this comment so you'll know I was here ... and OWL BE BACK!!!

annemarie said...

Oh my gosh - your owl is so darn cute. I mentioned earlier that I like owls but now I think I love them!! I must attempt to make one this weekend. Wish me luck.

Anonymous said...

oh no....i think I have caught your illness. i think polka dots, I dream polka dots....therfore I must be a polka dot. Now I need to go make me an owl. ACK....is there a cure???? XXXAnnie from San Diego

Cathi said...

That owl is too cute!! I love polka dots too. Uh oh -- I can see that I will now be looking in quilt stores for polka dot fabric.
My favourite dress when I was in high school was a polka dot dress. Had another great one in my 20s. Think it's time for a new one!

Stephanie D said...

Oh, and remember Julia Roberts' brown and white polka-dotted dress at the polo game? Classy!


Now, there's no pressure, but if you want to play along--you've been tagged! Only 'cause I just found your site and like it.
Everyone else is invited, too!
http://nightquilter.blogspot.com/2008/05/tagged.html

Anonymous said...

That is one top notch critter there! Cuteness itself. I can see a whole family! The polka dot yo-yo owl family.

Netter said...

Yes indeed, that is one cutie pie owl. Very sweet!

Ruth's Place said...

Your owl is fabulous!!

Lorraine said...

That owl is just something else!!! I love it. Your blog is great and your projects are a joy to look at. I am going to put you in my favorites.