Wednesday, April 23, 2008

When Motivation Goes Awry...

It all begins with a good idea. Once started, adrenalin begins to flow and your concept starts to take shape. You carry on, cutting fabric like a mad woman. Then the sewing begins. You bottom out. You realize you passionately hate putting in zippers. Everything is packed up and put away, never to be seen again. Out of sight, out of mind.



I've said it before and I'll say it again...I am the Queen of Unfinished Projects. I am here to prove it to you once again. These are coin purses that were started early last year. The majority of the work has been done. In fact, a few have already been completed. The majority are still waiting for their zippers to be installed.



Unfinished projects clutter my mind, lay a guilt trip on me, and hamper my creativity. I know this, yet I frequently toss things aside when the frustration level rises. Somehow, I am going to find the motivation to complete these coin purses before years end. There, I've said it and it's almost as good as a promise. Almost. LOL

I hope you all have a fabulous day.

Aloha!

***Don't forget to enter my giveaway. If you are new to my blog, please refer to my post of April 8 for the rules.***

7 comments:

sweetiepie said...

Lettie - I feel your pain. I have the same problem. I have unfinished projects everywhere. I think I am too critical of myself because if I don't think it looks just right, I toss it aside.

I am sure you will get motivated one day to finish your coin purses. If you just do a few here and there, before you know it, they will be done. They are very cute!! Joyce in Iowa

annemarie said...

Lettie - You really need to finish up those coin purses as I know they will sell - they are darling and everyone can use an extra coin purse. Do a few at a time - then frustration is not as likely to set in. I agree zippers are a pain but these are at least small zippers!!! Anne from Texas

Sue Cahill said...

I too don't like putting in zippers, I never feel they are neat enough. The coin purses are darling so when you muster up the energy to finish them they will be great. I think most of us have those projects that we lose interest in before completeing and they have to stew for awhile before we can stand to get them done.

Rowena said...

Grrrr...my comment just got swallowed by the interweb. Anyhoo, from what I can see, there looks to be at least 4 dozen coin purses on that table--I don't blame you for bailing out. That's 4 dozen tiny zippers!!!

Netter said...

I've never put in a zipper. Should I be scared? Oh well, don't fear...for sooner or later, the mood will strike you and you'll have those coin purses done in a jiffy.

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. Zippers suck...even little ones. Try setting yourself a goal. One-just one--zipper a day and before you know it they will be done!

Anonymous said...

Those are really cute! I hear you on the unfinished projects but I'll bet I have you beat. :-D