Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Pencil Pocket, A Simple Solution!

My husband is one who cannot live without a calendar on the fridge. I don't care to see anything hanging out on the face of my fridge. The solution for us was to put the calendar on the side of the fridge. You cannot see the calendar from the dining room which suits me and it makes my husband happy because he is able to view the calendar if he walks to the side of the fridge. Easy solution that pleases both of us.



Finding a pen or a pencil to jot something onto the calendar has proven frustrating at times, especially when I need to record something right away. Well, I've come up with a fabric pencil pocket with a magnetic strip on the back so that a pencil will always be handy. I've been using mine for many years and it works like a charm. Simple things like this can make life easier.



I have to admit that I hesitated to post that plate lunch picture yesterday simply because I wondered if you all would think that I eat like that every day. Or maybe think, gasp, she eats that, gross!!!! Well, it's nice to know that Hawaii isn't the only gastronomical artery-clogging place out there. Now I feel less guilty about having eaten that plate lunch. Yes, really...sort of.

I plan to park my bottom in front of the television today to watch the Pennsylvania primaries and work on my pincushions. It should be a very entertaining day!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Aloha!

***Don't forget to enter my giveaway. If you are new to my blog, please refer to my post of April 8 for the rules.***

6 comments:

annemarie said...

I love your pencil pocket idea - must make one of those! Thanks for sharing - Anne from Texas

Sue Cahill said...

I agree, great idea! Sometimes the simplest things are the most useful. Thanks for the idea.

Netter said...

What a cute idea. I love functional ideas like this. I have struggled for years to find a something to house our dry erase board markers. I finally found a super strength half cup holder for the fridge. I keep all the makers in there. Works great, but I have to admit, your creation would look prettier.

Rowena said...

Are you kidding about the artery-clogging foods? I once saw a feature on a fried foods festival in Texas. My gawd the things that they had for the strong-of-arteries! Fried coke, cheesecake, pickles... at the same time that my heart was going No! No! No!, my head was saying Yes! Yes! Yes! Too bad that I live so far away.

Your magnetic pen/pencil holder is what we could have used for the calender at my old workplace. I swear there was a menehune on the premises, stealing the pens every time I put up a new one.

sweetiepie said...

Cute idea!!! I have to admit that I am with your husband. I have to have a calendar where I can see it. I have too many things going on and if I don't write down my appointments, I forget. That is the problem with getting older. Mine hangs on the wall next to my "spot" at the kitchen table. I do like the pen holder. Maybe I could replace the magnet with velcro to hang on the wall. Thanks for the great ideas! Joyce in Iowa

Anonymous said...

Clever girl! Great pencil holder. You'd hate our fridge...pictures posted all over it. The calendars are in all the OTHER rooms of the house, plus the social calendar is in my purse! Would you believe we are retired??!!