Monday, April 28, 2008

Pincushions--Finis

I know that I have bellyached long and hard about my lack of motivation when it came to working on the tufted pincushions.

Maestro, may I have a drumroll please...



They do look lovely sitting side by side, in all their flowery splendor. Like little cactus flowers blooming in the desert sun. Hee hee...humor me, okay? LOL I cant help it, I'm giddy with excitement!



The bottoms of the pincushions are almost as pretty as the tops are.



The flower center is made for storing sewing needles. I put it together in a way that discourages the needles from infiltrating into the main body of the pincushion. I remember having a red tomato pincushion that I used for many years. When it developed holes and was no longer functional, I took it apart and reclaimed all of my lost sewing needles. You wouldn't believe how many were in there. It was a wonder that I could find a sewing needle when I needed one.



Until we meet again in October, Au revoir my little lovelies!



Have a fabulous day, everyone!

Aloha!

***Don't forget to enter my giveaway. There are only a couple more days to go before we'll be selecting a winner. If you are new to my blog, please refer to my post of April 8 for the rules.***

10 comments:

Andre'a said...

Wow! How lovely. Send some of the motivation mojo my way!! Love your blog.

-Andre'a

Sue Cahill said...

Fantastic! You have my utmost respect, I never would have been able to get through that task before I completely lost my mind. And they are so cute to boot. Job well done!

annemarie said...

Lettie - These pincushions are marvelous - you really should sell them on Etsy - then all your readers could be your customers!! Anne from Texas

sweetiepie said...

Lettie - I love, love, love the pincushions!! You do such beautiful work. I wish I was a motivated as you are. Keep up the good work. Joyce in Iowa

Pat said...

wow, Love them!!

Anonymous said...

Super! Each one! So much pretty color...blossoms everywhere. That is one happy container! Well done!

Cheryl said...

WOW---that is the most wonderful collection of pincushions! The flower on top is absolutely the perfect touch. You do beautiful
work!!

Netter said...

I tried to leave a comment on this post yesterday but blogger wouldn't let me. Bummer...anyway, I adore your pin cushions. I know how I am...and if I saw them at a craft fair, I'd end up bringing one home...or two..or three. They kind of remind me of techno-color donuts, you can't have just one.

Andrea said...

This are soooo lovely. Well done for getting them all finished - all 3000 of them - lol !

Unknown said...

I LOVE these too! Oh gosh..my to do list just keeps getting longer!