Monday, June 23, 2008

Yo-Yo Christmas Tree Skirt

Wannabecrafty, I don't know how to get in touch with you so I'm posting here. I have been holding on to this magazine picture for 20 or more years and thought it might be of interest to you and to other blog readers.

While waiting in the car for my niece to finish her piano lessons this evening, I devised a quick diagram showing the connecting points(unfortunately, I'm very low tech). This is using the 6 connection point method that I show in my yo-yo joining tutorial. The end product is a hexagon, not a circle, but I think it's rather cute. Of course, a yo-yo(s) would have to be left out of the center to enable it to circle around the tree stump. I colored in blue the section that you will have to either omit or just leave open, whichever you prefer so that it allows you to place it around the bottom of your tree.

I hope this helps you a little. I've never made a yo-yo tree skirt before. I've always wanted to make one but never got around to actually doing it. I held on to that old magazine article with hopes that I would get around to it some day. Here I sit, 20 years later, and still no yo-yo tree skirt. Go figure! rofl

Have a nice evening.

Aloha!

3 comments:

sweetiepie said...

That yo-yo tree skirt in the article is cute. I think a hex shaped one would be neat too.

I thought I was the only person who kept magazines forever!Joyce in Iowa

Cathi said...

That yo-yo tree skirt looks like a lot of fun! Very tempting. I've never made a tree skirt but ...

Lynn said...

Lettie - Thank you so much! This is a great start. My circles are 3 1/2" with approx 1 1/2" yo-yo. I'll have my boys do some math and figure the rest out... I appreciate your time! Look forward to your blog every day!