Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Ho, Ho, Ho, Merry Christmas!


I bet you're thinking that I've totally lost my mind! I love Christmas and think about the holidays 365 days a year. In fact, I belong to a Christmas group that discusses holiday preparation throughout the year.

It is never too early to start making your Christmas gifts. After all, Christmas is an annual event and always on the same date each year so being prepared for it makes sense, right? I know, I know, you're thinking that it's too hot to even think about Christmas. Turn the a/c on high, put on your jacket and fuzzy slippers, turn on the Christmas music, light a Christmas candle, and start making your Christmas gifts today. Anything you make now will put you that much further ahead when the holiday's come along.

In between craft fair preparations, I plan to start making Christmas gift items. How about you?

I hope you all have a wonderful craft-filled day. Merry Christmas! (Sorry, I couldn't help myself!) *grin*

Aloha!

11 comments:

annemarie said...

You are so cute Lettie - that stocking is a treasure - love it. I agree - now is the time to start thinking Christmas although it is 94 degrees in Texas today!!

Cathi said...

The stocking is wonderful!! And yes, I am going to start making Christmas gifts during the summer. No way am I going to be making them on the 23rd of December, like last year!!
But turning up the a/c and putting on warm clothing? Uh uh -- not after waiting so long for some wonderful heat and humidity!

Mom2fur said...

Everything you make is so adorable!

Chantal said...

It's always so mutch fun to read your blog . I read my blogs alwys early in the morning and yours brings always a smile to me .
Greetings from Belgium
chantal

Amanda said...

Yes, I do think you're made!! Christmas in June- aagh!! But you're quite right of course, now is the time to start making gifts (and I have to admit to have started making a Christmas quilt for decorating the house, so pots and kettles come to mind).

Lynn said...

Love the stocking! As a gardener I too think of Christmas all summer long. I do some canning - jams, pickles and relishes make great gifts.

sweetiepie said...

That is one cute Christmas stocking!

I don't think you are mad at all. Most of the craft shows I do are in November, so I am always working on Christmas items. As a matter of fact, my current project is snowman ornaments. Keep up the good work. Joyce in Iowa

papel1 said...

Your blog is one of my favorites. I love the stocking and all that you make.
Judy

Des said...

Your stocking is beautiful!!!! I'm glad to have found your blog as well. Your tutorial are so cool. I love the t-shirt yarn! That is the coolest thing ever! Aloha and thanks!

Rowena said...

Lettie, reading your entries each day is quite like opening a present. It's always a surprise but the theme remains true to the blog...polka dots!

Love your xmas stocking and your whole outlook on being one step ahead of the game. Man, xmas stockings...now that's what you call inspiration!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

That stocking is so stinking cute. I am loving those polka dots and that flower. very cute!!!