Friday, June 13, 2008

Woven Heart Sachets

I'm sure that many of you are familiar with the Scandinavian woven heart baskets that are prevalent throughout the Christmas season. Often made from paper, they make cute vessels for treats which are then hung onto the Christmas tree. For years, I have made the woven heart baskets out of fabric. They make durable, yet pretty containers for small gift items.

My twist on the baskets are these woven fabric heart sachets with scalloped edging. They make the perfect sachet when filled with lavender buds.

When stuffed with fiberfil, they can also be made into Christmas tree decorations.
Unlike their paper counterparts, these are durable and can be used from year to year.

Of course, there has to be a polka dotted version, just because!

Wishing you all a very enjoyable weekend. T.G.I.F.!!!

Aloha!

15 comments:

Cathi said...

These hearts are fantastic! I really love the polka dot one! :-)

Annette said...

Your hearts are so sweet. Little treasures. And I love your notebook cover. Very clever and so pretty. You are making me fall in love with polka dots.

Kim West said...

Too cute, love them, especially the polka dot one.

Unknown said...

Absolutely adorable!! I would love to see them all over a Christmas tree. They would be beautiful and would also make great valentines gifts!

Mom2fur said...

Oh, too cute! I actually still have a paper version hanging up in my kitchen from Valentine's Day. Now I'm going to have to try to make a cute fabric one like these!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow...your little hearts are just so cute...

sweetiepie said...

Lettie - Those are cute. I would have never thought of making a fabric version, and I love the sachet idea! Joyce in Iowa

Rowena said...

I've never heard of the scandinavian baskets so you've taught me something new today! Very precious Lettie, I can see these being put to use for Valentine's too. :-)

Rowena said...

Lettie, about the panettone, do you remember the brand mark? I think my dad said his was from Maina - just curious.

Kathie said...

Please do a tutorial on the hearts.
I am dieing to know how you did them!

Lynn said...

Love them! I'd like to know how to make them, I'm drying Lavendar and would use them as sachets.

Solstitches said...

It's my first visit to your blog. I really enjoyed each and every post right back to the beginning.
Lots of inspiration here. Thanks so much.
Margaret

Lynn said...

Thanks for the instruction links, I already make a couple - too cute!
What are some of your favorite blogs Lettie?

wristeroni said...

These are lovely! Have you posted (or sold) any tutorials for these?

Carla said...

How lovely! I'd really like to make one.