Monday, July 14, 2008

Yo-Yo Flower Gift Tags

Here's an idea that I have been tossing around for a while. These fabric yo-yo gift tags would make a pretty addition to a beautifully wrapped gift box. Unfortunately I was too busy, er, uhm, too lazy to wrap up an empty box to show you just how cute I thought they would be. So please do me a favor and use your imagination because that will probably be as close as you will get to seeing them on an actual gift box. Unless you so happen to be the winner of my giveaway, that is.

You will receive a set of 3 yo-yo flower gift tags.


Paper tags have been fused onto each of the gift tags.


A close-up.

You can be the winner of the set of 3 yo-yo flower gift tags along with...



this cactus pincushion...


this 4-pocket tea tote...


this cross-stitched pillow...


this set of four fabric drink coasters...


this patchwork Christmas tree skirt...



these fall and winter fabric flower pins...


a Polka Dotted Christmas Stocking...


and little miss Yo-Yo Annie.

I hope you're still working on those Christmas gifts and decorations. Please take notice of the Christmas Countdown meter in the right margin of my blog. It says that there are only 163 days left before Christmas. It will be here before you know it so keep chipping away at those projects.
Have a creative and productive day, everyone!

Aloha!

**If you'd like to enter to win the set of 3 yo-yo flower gift tags, pincushion, Tea Tote, cross-stitched pillow, coasters, Christmas tree skirt, pins, Christmas stocking, and Yo-Yo Annie, please leave a comment about your favorite Christmas memory here. Only comments made on my post of 6/30/08 will be eligible.**

9 comments:

Cathi said...

These gift tags are a fabulous idea! I can imagine the reaction of people getting a gift with one of those as a tag. Great, great idea.

Rhonda said...

You have the most genorous giveaway!

I have a inherited shopping bag full of red and green yo-yos in my craft closet - you are inspiring me to get them out and do something with them.

Sandra :) said...

Aloha! I got "a" computer back up and running today (2 of our laptops need to go back to the shop, aarrgghh) and just last night learned how to use my Clover yoyo makers - it can't be a coincidence that you posted this cute project today, lol. Now I think I know what those tiny little grommets are for - the ones I've seen in many shapes, on ebay ... oh this is going to be fun, LOL.

Stephanie D said...

Somehow 5 1/2 months sounds longer than 162 days. You're scaring me.

Rowena said...

This is becoming like Santa's gift sack! It seems that whenever I check in, there's something new being added to the giveaway. You've got something up your sleeve right?

At first glance I thought luggage tags. Now there's an idea!

Amanda said...

What a great idea for gift tags. I made my first ever yo-yo the other day to go on a little teabag holder I made, so I must have another go to make some of these. Do you use one of those gadgets I've seen, or just go for it?

sweetiepie said...

What a neat idea! I would have never thought to make tags out of yo-yos. You are a genious.

Lorraine said...

These are so cute. What a great way to use scraps and make something so useful. BTW - I did see that you tagged me and I do appreciate it. I'll be acknowledging on my blog soon. Thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

Those tags are adorable. I would love to make some, I make yo yo all the time.

Where do you find tags like that or did you make them? I love the colors.