Thursday, July 3, 2008

All Spruced Up

A Christmas tree just isn't complete without a tree skirt. I liken it to getting all spruced up in your finest evening wear and then forgetting to put on your shoes.

This gored patchwork tree skirt measures just under 24-inches and would make a lovely addition to a country or whimsical themed tree.

Forty fabric yo-yo's were joined together to form an attractive and playful border.

You may be the lucky person to win this Christmas tree skirt along with...




these fall and winter fabric flower pins...


a Polka Dotted Christmas Stocking...


and little miss Yo-Yo Annie.

The sky is presently a beautiful shade of blue with barely a cloud in sight. It's revving up to be a dandy of a weekend. I've got quite a few loose ends to tie up around here so I'll see you all on Monday. Please have a safe and enjoyable 4th of July.

Aloha!


**If you'd like to enter to win the Christmas tree skirt, pins, Christmas stocking, and Yo-Yo Annie, please leave a comment about your favorite Christmas memory here. Only comments made on my post of 6/30/08 will be eligible.**

14 comments:

Lynn said...

I LOVE this idea! I want to use the yo-yo's but figured it would take 1024!!! This way I could have an heirloom tree skirt, that is different, with less work. I could make a table runner out of the yo-yo's I already made... Something to think about over the long weekend... Thanks!

sweetiepie said...

Wow, Lettie, this contest just gets better and better! I just love the tree skirt. So many beautiful fabrics. Nice work!

Cathi said...

This contest is amazing -- every day it gets more enticing!
Have a great holiday!

Sandra :) said...

Have a wonderful - and safe - July 4 weekend!

With all the fantastic projects you post, I always wonder what your house looks like - how is it decorated?! Do you have your pretties everywhere? Would you consider doing a post with some At Home with Lettie pics? I'd love to seeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love that tree skirt. What is the size of your yo yos?
Janie in MO

Unknown said...

Your tree skirt is adorable! Love the flower pins too, they are just too sweet!

Cheryl said...

You always amaze me! That tree skirt is so cute with those yo yo's. I never would have thought of that. Great pins alos!

Annette said...

When I saw your tree skirt, it just took my breath away. Beautiful!

Lilly said...

Arlette,
If I win this giveaway, I will be so happy that you are giving so many wonderful things. If I don't win I will wish you had given less and had more giveaways instead! LOL
I love the tree skirt. What a great idea. Have a great Fourth of July, you crafty little thing.
TTFN.....Lilly

Mom2fur said...

Lettie, every time I open this blog I gasp! I just can't believe what you come up with.
Looking forward to your award post...I know what you mean about finding it hard to choose more recipients!
Happy Fourth of July! Grill some pineapple for me, okay?

Gill - That British Woman said...

And here was me thinking I was the only silly one doing Christmas things in July...LOL I am taking a class next week on embelishing a Christmas wall panel. I love that tree skirt, very cute, I am also a big fan of yo-yo's.

Gill

Rhonda said...

I have seen a lot of tree skirts but I think really is my favorite one of all time! it is so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Hi Arlette,
There’s something waiting for you at my blog.
Do visit.
Alicia in Hawaii
www.curiosities808.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

HI Arlette,
Hope you had a nice 4th. Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to make the tree skirt with snowman fabric, since I have all snowmen on the tree.

Janie in MO