Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Thanks for the Memories

The one thing that I have come to realize over the years is that people are the same no matter where they come from. After reading through yesterday's comments, I now believe that even more. Your memories could have easily been my memories. Yes, today I am waxing nostalgic.

Thank you to all of you who have responded in such a heartfelt way. Your posts have brought many tears to my eyes, sometimes from your memories and sometimes from my own past that was similar to yours. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing a part of you with me.

Since I've been reflecting on days gone by, I have decided to create something that reminds me of my youth. Please meet Yo-Yo Annie. Her body is made from two stuffed yo-yo's. She would look cute as an ornament on a country themed or children's themed Christmas tree. The person who is randomly selected to get the stocking will also get Yo-Yo Annie.




When I returned home from an errand yesterday, I noticed a box on my front porch. I knew that I wasn't expecting anything so I was very curious to see who it was from. To my surprise, it was from my friend Joyce who has a blog called Crafter Thoughts. She send me the loveliest ornament because she said that she could tell from my posts that I loved Christmas just as much as she does. I don't know if you can see it or not, but the white ribbon has gold polka dots on it. Joyce said she chose that just for me. I wonder how she knew? LOL She says that this ornament is made from small pieces of ribbon held together by 300 straight pins. 300 straight pins! Do you know that you can't see a single one of them. Fabulous craftsmanship, Joyce. I promise to put your ornament center front on my Christmas tree for all my guests to see. I know that they're all going to want one too. Thank you so much for being such a wonderful friend.


I would also like to introduce you to a very sweet gal named Lilly. She has a blog called Lilly's Stuff where she shares her beautiful quilts and stitcheries and other pretty things that she makes. I strongly urge you to drop by and see them for yourselves. Lilly, your strawberry freezer jam looks simply delish!

Have a happy day!

Aloha!

**If you'd like to win the Christmas stocking and Yo-Yo Annie, please leave a comment about your favorite Christmas memory here. Only comments made on my post of 6/30/08 will be eligible.**

5 comments:

sweetiepie said...

I love Yo-Yo Annie! What a cute little raggedy angel.

I hope you enjoy the Christmas ornament I sent you as much as I enjoy all the gifts you sent me for winning your last blog contest. Thanks again. Joyce in Iowa

Cathi said...

Yo-Yo Annie is adorable -- fabulous idea!
The Christmas ornament is absolutely incredible. What a gorgeous piece to have to put on your tree at Christmas!

crafty diane said...

I love your Yo-Yo Annie. I have made many 36" and smaller Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls.
Blessings,
Diane

Anonymous said...

HI Lettie, Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's not as good as yours, but I hope to get better. I also like making yo yos also. I love your Polka dot fabric. I made my snowmen earrings from seed beads.
Janie in MO

Rowena said...

Yo-yo Annie is so CUTE! The detailed features on her little face, but it's the "hair" that suddenly brought back a lot of Raggedy Ann memories for me.

Joyce's xmas ornament is certainly a work of love. 300 pins is a huge amount...I wonder how many of these she makes at a time?