Monday, July 7, 2008

Jolly July

I spent a good part of my weekend tuned in to the Lifetime Movie Chanel for their month-long Christmas movie extravaganza, aptly named Jolly July. Just about every one of those movies were light hearted tear jerkers and each one was filled with the spirit of the holiday season. The timing couldn't have been better for me and now I'm even more in the holiday spirit than ever.

Please accept my heartfelt appreciation for your comments and for sharing your very touching Christmas memories with me. I want you to know how deeply they have affected me as I read through each and every one of them. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, friends.

In honor of Jolly July, I've put together a few Christmas-themed coasters.

The base of a wine glass fits perfectly inside the coaster. It can also be used as a rug for your coffee mug as well.

You may be the lucky person to win this set of four coasters along with...



this patchwork Christmas tree skirt...



these fall and winter fabric flower pins...


a Polka Dotted Christmas Stocking...


and little miss Yo-Yo Annie.

Isn't it crazy how the days are just flying by? It's difficult to believe that we'll be heading into the second week of July in just a matter of hours. I need to plant myself in my craft room and get some work done or I'll be sorry when November rolls around. Take care and have a fabulous day!

Aloha!

**If you'd like to enter to win the coasters, Christmas tree skirt, pins, Christmas stocking, and Yo-Yo Annie, please leave a comment about your favorite Christmas memory here. Only comments made on my post of 6/30/08 will be eligible.**

11 comments:

sweetiepie said...

Neat coasters! This is going to be a Christmas giveaway extraordinaire!!!!

You have the best contests, Lettie!!

Anonymous said...

Those come in handy. I made some a few years ago, but mine were round.

Jane in MO

Cathi said...

Your giveaway contest just gets better and better with each post!!
These coasters are wonderful!

Lynn said...

Everything looks great Lettie! Would you mind if I asked a techy question? Tufting... seems like it should be simple enough... How do you do it for your pin cushions? Is it all "eye-balling". I tried to make a couple as gifts but I'm stumped. Any special thread/yarn that you use? Thanks!

Sandra :) said...

Your criss-cross coasters are beautiful!!! Aren't they fun to make? I have a bunch in my gift box ready for Christmas this year - I've been busy working on presents for a while now!

Chantal said...

You made great coasters . In 2003 I was in the us for a quilting retreat with people know from the internet . We made some potholders ( i think that's the name )that have the same model like this . So your coasters reminded me to that vacation .

Laila said...

Hello. More great ideas. Now I have to figure out how to make the coasters. ;-)
Have a great day. Klem

Stephanie D said...

I made a few of those coasters last year for the quilt show boutique--they are so addictive!

You were watching Christmas movies--I was into the Twilight Zone marathon on the Sci-Fi channel. Can you say "opposites"? lol

Stephanie D said...

I made a few of those coasters last year for the quilt show boutique--they are so addictive!

You were watching Christmas movies--I was into the Twilight Zone marathon on the Sci-Fi channel. Can you say "opposites"? lol

Rowena said...

I can sense the "pressure" coming on to get your craft items ready before November! Busy, busy, busy! I can't believe that it's already July myself (with the last month of course being consumed with that 30-day posting challenge!).

Pretty soon summer will be over and autumn colors (for us anyway) will arrive and that's when I get to back home!

Fran said...

Hi,
You have so many wonderful ideas! Do you have any inspiration for craft gifts to make for men??
Fran