Thursday, July 10, 2008

Tea for Two and Two for Tea...

...me for you, and you for me. Okay, I can't seem to get that tune out of my head. Don't you just hate it when you wake up in the morning to a song playing over and over in your mind and you can't seem to shake it loose no matter how much you busy yourself with other things? It happens to me quite frequently. For the past couple of weeks, I awoke to Italian songs. Now this! It must have been the Tea Totes that I've been working on that did me in. I don't care for the Tea for Two song very much and it's driving me a wee bit crazy. Anyway...

Once again, my itchy fingers were reaching for the Christmas fabric but I decided against it as I know that most people would feel kind of silly carrying around a Christmas printed doohickey all year long. I chose a cheery "every day" kind of print for this 4-pocket Tea Tote.


Here it is open.


To close, fold it in half.


Then half again.


Secure with the button closure. Easy peasy. Cute and practical.


(I know that several of you have requested a tutorial for the Tea Tote. I'm mega busy at the moment and am having difficulty finding the time to photograph each step, sort through the images, and then sit at the computer for several hours to upload and write a description of the steps. I promise it will come. Hopefully sooner than later. Hopefully.)


You may be the lucky person to win this Tea Tote along with...



this cross-stitched pillow...


this set of four fabric drink coasters...


this patchwork Christmas tree skirt...



these fall and winter fabric flower pins...


a Polka Dotted Christmas Stocking...


and little miss Yo-Yo Annie.

I hope you're having a productive day and getting those Christmas decorations and gifts made. You are working on them, right? LOL

Aloha!



**If you'd like to enter to win the Tea Tote, cross-stitched pillow, coasters, Christmas tree skirt, pins, Christmas stocking, and Yo-Yo Annie, please leave a comment about your favorite Christmas memory here. Only comments made on my post of 6/30/08 will be eligible.**

9 comments:

Cathi said...

I can't wait for the tea tote tutorial. It's a great idea!
We were watching a mystery series that had a very distinctive theme song and it seemed like every morning I would wake up with that tune in my head! It was becoming a tad irritating -- even though I loved the series!

crafty diane said...

Love your little tea totes even though I don't drink hot tea. I occassionally have some iced tea, but only if I am at a restaurant that does not serve diet coke! I know this sounds crazy for a person from the deep south, but I guess it is because my mom didn't like tea. But I could think of other other things to carry in that cute little tote!
Blessings,
Diane

Anonymous said...

I'm just waiting 'till you throw in a christmnastree as well *lol*

Sandra :) said...

OMG you're still adding precious little goodies - someone is going to be a very_lucky_poster! You get so much done, and your projects are all so pretty - I still wanna move next door to you so I can sneak into your house to fondle your fabrics, LOL!

Chantal said...

this is also a very nice project . I'm a teaaddict so i like this very mutch . it will be a lucky prson who receive this all .

Rowena said...

There needs to be a greater word than just busy...seeing some of the things that you've been working on - are you sure that you don't have a roomful of elves helping you out? LOL!

Hours wise, how many each day working on projects? My aunt is a professional seamstress and she amazes me at how many things she whips out on her sewing machine. At one time I did some piece work for her, and it did make sense that if you are doing one particular part of a garment a hundred times or more, you can get a lot done!

sweetiepie said...

Wow, what a fantastic giveaway this is becoming! I am amazed at how much you get accomplished. I am lucky if I get one thing done in a day sometimes!

Linda said...

Hi
I have selected your blog for the Arte Y Pico Award. You can view the details on my blog: http://allaboutcatsetsy.blogspot.com/
Linda

Lorraine said...

I absolutely love these and can't wait for the tutorial. Just found out my 30-yr-old Kenmore sewing machine can't (or won't) be fixed by Sears, so I have to find a mom&pop shop to look at it. Itching to try some of your projects - they're, or rather you are so inspiring.