Thursday, July 24, 2008

Beaded Ornaments from a Friend

Hello everyone. I was just about to call it a no post day when I received something in the mail from a sweet new friend and blog reader, Lynn, a.k.a. Wannabecrafty. Lynn sent me a couple of the cutest ornaments that she hand beaded. Both are really lovely and will sure add a bit of glitz to my Christmas tree.


This ornament is beaded in iridescent white and soft pink beads with an opaque pink glass ornament center.


This little beauty is beaded in light aqua blue beads and has a shiny silver glass ornament center.

Thank you for your generosity, Lynn. I will always cherish these beautiful ornaments.

I have been so busy lately that I have been neglectful of my blog. I finally got around to reading my comments last night and saw that I had several questions regarding a couple of things that I recently posted. Regarding the yo-yo tag...every component of the tag was made by me. The tag itself is two layers of fabric that has been bonded together. I don't know if there is a comparable alternative at the craft store or not. I am "not in the know" mainly because I seldom step foot in craft stores. Another question was about the lollipop ornaments. They're made from two yo-yo's, placed back to back, with a lollipop stick glued in the center. You can find lollipop sticks wherever they sell candy making supplies. Hope this helps.


I'll leave you with a photo of my fat cat, Mouse. He's sitting in an Arizona Iced Tea box which is his new "favorite" place to hang out. He's so fat that he barely fits inside the box but that doesn't stop him from squeezing his ample body into it.

I'm still working on making lollipops so I have nothing new to report to you. I will be doing the same thing tomorrow and probably throughout the weekend.
I want to wish you all a fabulous weekend. More than likely, I'll be back to blogging on Monday. See you then!

Aloha!

13 comments:

sweetiepie said...

Beautiful ornaments! Isn't it nice to have such wonderful internet friends! Have a great weekend.

Little Lady Patchwork said...

You are so lucky! The ornaments are beautiful!

Thank you for sharing the information about the lollipops! They are just YUMMY!

Sandra :) said...

Mouse looks delicious - I want to blow raspberries on his belleh!!! C'mere Mouse --- just a raspberry nibble, pleeeeeeeeeease!!!

Lettie those ornament covers are fabulous - Lynn - you did a FANTASTIC job on them!! That's a craft I tried to learn a long time ago but the pattern I used was too detailed (and my old eyes couldn't handle all those seed beads, lol) - I think I'll have to look for a new tutorial and give this a try :)

Cathi said...

Mouse is adorable! Smudge & Lester wave kitty hello's! :-)
The info on the lollipops is great, as we have a young neighbour and I'm thinking of making a few for her. I think she'll get a kick out of them.
The ornaments are glorious -- you must have been thrilled to open the package.

Lynn said...

Nice pictures Lettie! Glad everyone likes the ornaments. If interested, feel free to e-mail me and I will forward an amazing link that someone recently sent me with tons of patterns! itsworthalook@gmail.com
Have a great weekend!

Stephanie D said...

I love the beading! What a terrific way to dress up plain glass ornaments! And how nice of Lynn to send them to you.

It's going to be a work weekend for me--3 straight--so not much will get posted at my place either.

Have a nice weekend!

Anonymous said...

Love the Orn. I made the mistake by showing your blog to my sister. She loves all your yo yo items. She wants me to make her one of each, I told her that she can make them herself. She knows how to make yo yos.
By the way UPS just delivered my dot fabric that I ordered. I'm going to post Pic. on my blog. The navy one is on back order.

Janie

Rowena said...

Those ornaments are so elegant looking! They will really put the dazzle and *bling* on a xmas tree.

Have fun making lollipops! This weekend I'm pulling weeds!!

Mom2fur said...

The ornaments are so beautiful!

And I have two cats who don't know they are too fat. Melody and Nutmeg will try to squeeze into anything resembling a box!

Jodi Nelson said...

Arlette,
Could you Email me? I have a question for you and I can't find an email addy for you. ;o) xxoo ~jodi
www.simplythisthatandtheother.blogspot.com
Thanks!!!!

Rowena said...

Lettie you shouldn't have looked indeed!! teehee...

Melissa~ said...

Lettie, those ornaments are beautiful! What a wonderful gift.

I really love your yo-yo lollipops too! So, so cute!!!

I can't wait to come back when I have some more time and look at your tutorials, I have been trying to figure out how to sew yo-yos together to make a quilt!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

♥ Melissa~
Pink Paper Peppermints

Rhonda said...

Beautiful ornaments!
Love your yo-yo lollipops... Yummy!!
I have 2 fat cats at home, and their favorite places to hang out in boxes too. :-0

Thanks for stopping by my blog. :o)