Monday, January 12, 2009

A little of this, a little of that...

I'm sorry that I've been so scarce lately. January is my usual time to kick back and relax after the hectic holiday season. I also use the time to regroup when it comes to creating items for my craft fairs.

I would like to thank all of my snow bunny friends, Sweetiepie, Catherine, Annemiek, Michelle, Laila, Shelley, JenniferW, Rowena, Suze, ConnieW, Kansaswx, Sandi, Red Geranium Cotage(Sharon) and Angi for your input. You gal's have been a tremendous help to me. Thank you for the invaluable information and for helping me to stay warm during my trip to Washington,DC. Hugs to all of you!

My diet is going okay. I do need to get off of my behind and get onto the treadmill to get my metabolism moving again. For me, weight loss is slow-going without it. I am also thinking of doing the Richard Simmons Deal A Meal once again. His program has helped me to lose weight in the past.

I would like to share a recipe for corn chowder with you. It is a very simple recipe to prepare. At 325 calories per serving, it is a pleasing meal for anyone watching their weight.


Corn Chowder

1 pkg. Turkey Bratwurst or Smoke Seasoned Lean Sausage
1 cup onion, chopped
2 cups half-and-half
1 15-oz can cream-style corn
1 cup kernel corn
1/3 cup red or green bell pepper, diced finely
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1/2 cup seasoned croutons

Crumble sausage into pan (without casings). Add onion and cook over medium heat for approx. 10 minutes, breaking up sausage into chunks. Add cream and kernel corn, bell pepper, black pepper and hot pepper sauce. Simmer uncovered for approx. 20 minutes, stirring it occasionally. Top each serving with croutons. Makes 6 servings.


Here is a sneak peek of something that I'm currently working on. It is just one of a series that I hope to complete.



Take care, everyone!

Aloha!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! Thanks for the mention of me and the others on your post. I hope your visit to DC is wonderful and also that you keep all toasty warm! You know we will want to hear all about it when you get back, or better yet, post while you're on the mainland if you can. And may I say Aloha to you.

Jenny said...

It's so hard to lose weight! I enjoy my two-mile walk so much, but why is so hard to kick myself out the door? I feel so much better when I'm lean and mean than when I let the sweets and bread get the better of me. You hang in there, Lettie, because you're going to look and feel fantastic when you meet your goal! Love the new project! So pretty.

sweetiepie said...

Lettie, I hope you have a wonderful time in DC.

I love your sneak peak, very colorful, as usual. I can't wait to see the finished project.

Take care.

Anonymous said...

Don't loose too much weight before you're trip: fat keeps you warm!! ( that's probably the reason why jeans are quite enough for me when it freezes outside *lol*)

Red Geranium Cottage said...

The soup sounds good. That is my hubby's favorite. And whatever your making well.........I'll take two!!!
It looks so cute!! And happy in those colors.

Suze said...

Thanks for the mention in your post, I'm glad you could use the info. Good luck on your diet and have fun on your trip. Can't wait to hear about it! ...thanks for the sneak peak...it looks cute!

Laila said...

Hi. Thanks for the klem ;-)
Realy hope you stay warm on your trip.
I can't wait to see what you are working on now, it seems a fall thing to me.
Warm snow klem.