Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Memo Pad to the Rescue

I am forgetful. I believe that I have a disease called CRS (Can't Remember Sh*t)... hehehehe. It gets worse and worse with each passing year. I must write my thought down the very moment that it comes to me or it will sink into that deep dark hole and be lost forever. I even keep a memo pad in my handbag at all times. They're just small 4 X 6" memo pads, but they have saved me more than once. Now, an off-the-rack notepad cover is usually very blah (a.k.a. ugly). In order to make it a little more special, I have created interchangeable covers for them. I change them out whenever the mood strikes me. Here are the three that I have been using.




I own a set of individual alphabet rubber stamps which I like and frequently use. I have trouble lining each alphabet up when spelling words and they usually turn out all wonky. I know that they sell all kinds of devices to help you with stamp alignment but I was looking for a simple and easy alternative.

I purchased this rubber stamp from Stampdango. It is a very basic alphabet stamp and each letter is only 1/4" high. The stamp is based on the old-fashioned stamps that merchant's use to stamp their received and paid dates onto their invoices. This stamp allows you space for up to one 10-letter word or a couple of short words by turning each of the belts to your desired alphabet. I find it much easier to use than the individual stamps. The downside of this stamp is that the text is pretty generic looking and each of the alphabet's are quite small. I guess you can't always have everything, right? LOL


I have spent the last several days in front of the computer making airline and hotel reservations, ordering winter wear and accessories, and doing research about touring Washington DC. This should be a very interesting trip, not only because we'll be in our nations capitol, but because this will be the first time that we will have to deal with 10 days of freezing temperatures. I'm excited and can't wait to see how this will play out for us.

All you snow bunnies out there, I know your weather has turned frightfully cold over the last day or so and that you are probably freezing your patooties off. Please stay safe and try to keep warm.

Have a good day!

Aloha!

11 comments:

Sandra :) said...

Oh those are adorable, Lettie ... they would be the perfect project to whip up for my "Goodies for the Bazaar" box (where I stash goodies I make for my niece's animal shelter bazaars) --- they'd also be perfect for MY purse - I have to carry a notebook around as well - I can remember the license plate for every car my husband has ever owned (??!!!!) but I can't remember the daily things I need to, lol. I don't have CRS - I have CRAFT - Can't Remember a Frigging Thing! ;)

Another reaason to buy rick rack - YAY!!! ;)

Sandra in chilly -17C/1F Ontario :D

Unknown said...

They look very nice. I laught a lot when a read the name of you desease, I think I have to go to the doctor and tell him that now I know the name of my illnes... Well, lettie who is your diet going? Have a nice day kises (besos in spanish...)

Suze said...

Love the memo pad covers, they're so cute and cheerful. :) I should carry around a memo pad, but I might forget to use it. I've actually been known to make a list at home and forget to put it in my bag. I'd get to the store and have to try to remember what I wrote. lol.

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Memo pad covers! I always see such cute stuff on your blog. I need more hours in the day.......

sweetiepie said...

Lettie, you are so creative!! I love the little memo pads, so pretty and colorful. I am always excited to see what you will think of next and you never disappoint me.

I hope you have a great time in DC. When are you going? Maybe by then the weather will be warmer. My thermometer reads -17 degrees fahrenheit here this morning. I think I will just stay indoors today.

Have a nice day in paradise.

SG said...

That's a great idea! It turns taking notes a fun thing...

a good yarn said...

Not only do your covers brighten a drab notebook but the spiral is protected so things don't get caught in it. Fabulous! Love the stamp, love it.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Lettie...
Oh my, I'm glad your visit to DC comes a little later than the bitter cold freeze in the states. It is C-O-L-D!
Your stamps are so cute, the words remind me of old typewriter letters. The notebook covers are great.

Jenny said...

Those notepad covers are the bomb, Lettie! SUCH a cute idea! And I love the stamp ... but then, I'm an avid rubber stamper. Haven't had time to do much of late, but I enjoy it very much indeed! I hope you have a fantastic trip!

Rowena said...

I am still fighting with Father Time to keep all of my memory cells in good working order.

The only "slip up" that comes to mind is when I forgot to take the housekeys one morning. We were locked out. There was a party the night before with too much wine and cheese, lush-mice that we are. A neighbor had to help us with a wirecutter (that's another story altogether).

kelly said...

I'm a big notepad/list maker as well! Those are too cute!


It is really cold here in Michigan...so cold they closed the schools in our area today. Makes me even more worried about the homeless issue and those struggling to pay heating bills.