Monday, January 26, 2009

It's That Time Again

I can't believe that it's that time of the week again. Diet Challenge check in time! Well, I am down 1-1/2 pounds this week. I have lost a total of 5 pounds since starting the challenge 2-1/2 weeks ago. Although my loss isn't as great as last week, I am very satisfied. To reach the goal that was recommended by my doctor, I need to lose another 17-1/2 pounds. It won't be easy, but I know that I can do it!

Here is an easy Sloppy Joe recipe. Who doesn't love Sloppy Joes, right? This recipe is only 457 calories per serving and will serve 4.

Easy Italian Sausage Sloppy Joes

2 tsp. olive oil
1 chopped bell pepper
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 lb. lean Italian hot or sweet turkey sausage
1 cup prepared spaghetti sauce
1 tsp. dried basil
4 (8-inch)toasted French bread rolls
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella

Heat oil over medium heat. Add bell pepper and garlic, cook 3 minutes. Remove sausage casings and crumble; add to skillet. Cook until no longer pink. Add spaghetti sauce and basil and cook about 10 minutes or until thickened. Spoon on top of rolls and top with cheese. Enjoy!

On an entirely different subject...Remember when I told you how much I love makeup? Well, I recently got this bright idea of mixing up my own mica powders to create mineral eyeshadows since I love mineral makeup in general. I had been reading about how to do it online and had also viewed several clips on YouTube about it. Well, I've had my supplies for over a month now (ordered it from TKB Trading) and I still haven't tried it yet.

I purchased a ton of little jars with sifters (well, not a ton but 500) with high hopes of mixing up every conceivable color imaginable. Possibly a little over ambitious, eh?



I also purchased their Matte Texture Base. This is a blend of natural ingredients that the company put together for the purpose of making eyeshadow. Since it is already mixed for me, I just need to add it to the mica's to create the eyeshadow.


I ordered a total of 100 mica powders. The color's are all so beautiful. The mica's can be combined to create any color that you can think of.





I know, who needs 500 eyeshadows, right? Well, maybe I don't NEED it but I surely WANT it. LOL Now I just have to find the time to sit down and do it. I'm sure it will be loads of fun. At least that's what I keep telling myself anyway.

Take care!

Aloha!

13 comments:

Judy said...

Excellent job on the weight loss!

Missy Ann said...

Who needs 500 eyeshadows? I DO! I'm a complete junkie. Right now I've got well over 50 different colors.

P.S. I so did not need the "mix my own" idea put in my head...

Isabella said...

I had to laugh sorry, a sloppy joe over here is a long sleeved tee shirt or should I say it is in Scotland where I come from. good for you with the weight Lettie your doing well

Jenessa said...

great job on the weight loss! and i had forgotten about sloppy joes, i'll test them out with textured vegetable protein and work out the number for you - if it's good, we'll make them even lower in fat, cholesterol, and calories (and possibly higher in dietary fiber, i can't remember). i'm not a makeup person, but making eyeshadow sure sounds like fun! i hope to see how they turn out soon. :)

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Making your own eyeshadow? How fun! The colors look luscious. Congrats on the weight loss, too!

sweetiepie said...

Lettie, you are doing great on your diet. Before you know it, those pounds will be history!

Wow, 500 eye shadows, I can't even imagine it since I don't even have one...lol.

Take care.

Stephanie D said...

Holy cow! 500 eyeshadows? Okay, how to put this kindly--you're nuts! lol

What is the recommended lifespan of eyeshadows anyway? Because if it's pretty long, you'll never need to purchase it ever again! Or is this for your craft fairs? Hmmm, just imagining how you'd package these in yo-yos.....

Lorraine said...

I'm picturing you as the mad professor mixing up all those eye shadows! Good job with the weight loss - that's what they say about a pound a week.

Clare said...

The eye shadow thing looks like way too much fun! If you are going to do something - do it all the way. :-)
Taking weight off a little at a time is the best way to do it - I am working on that myself these days - Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Lettie,

Just when I think you simply can't top what you are already doing, you go out and make your own eyeshadow! I am thoroughly impressed!! You are amazing!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Great job on the weight loss. I'm so proud of you my little Loser!!
Look at you whipping up your own make up. WOWZER!!! your unreal. Very talented gal.

Suze said...

Good job on the weight loss. I'm proud of you. As for the eyeshadow...I didn't know you could make your own...and here I am a home ec teacher...lol...I learn new things everyday...have fun. lol

kelly said...

My 8 year old DD would love 500 eyeshadows..especially the making of them herself (heck so would my son! LOL) can you make them that sparkle a bit too?

How is the making going?