Tuesday, August 10, 2010

5 Points for Creativity

Lookie what I received from Mr. Ben Bernanke himself. Ha! This is a creative and new approach from the Nigerian scammers. Five points!!

Subject: Contract/Inherittance fund credit from bank federal reserve board New York
Priority: Normal Date: Monday, August 9, 2010 10:18 PM Size: 4 KB
Federal Reserve Bank New York.
33 LIBERTY STREET, NEW YORK , NY 10038
Attn: Beneficiary

Contract/Inherittance fund credit from bank federal reserve board New York, Final Notice

This is to let you know that we received a payment credit instruction from the federal government of Nigeria to credit your account with your full inheritance fund of us$10.5million from the Nigerian reserve account with our bank.

However, what we required from you is your banking particulars where you want your fund to be transferred.

{1}. Your full name and address:
{2}. Your telephone, and fax:
{3). Your bank name and address:
{4). Your a/c name and numbers:
(5). Your swift code / routing numbers:
(6). Your current occupation:

Be informed that transfer will commence immediately we hear from you with the account information. Once more, bank Federal Reserve board will not hesitates to credit your account within 24hours in accordance with fund release order regulations.

Your immediate response is highly needed to enable us commence for the transfer.

Thanks for banking with Federal Reserve Bank while we looking forward to serving you better.

Thanks and God bless you.

Mr. Ben S. Bernanke
Chairman,Federal Reserve Board New York.


Yeah, right. I wasn't born yesterday!

Aloha!

P.S. Sorry, what can I say. It's a slow day here at The Pineapple.

9 comments:

Kim D. said...

Ha! Ha! We get one of these at least every other day. Yes, the creativity abounds.

Webster said...

I wonder how many poor folks actually fall for these Nigerian scams? There must be something in it for them!

Needled Mom said...

Isn't it amazing? I often wonder how many folks will give all of that information.

sweetiepie said...

I imagine some people must fall for this scam or they would quit trying.

Take care.

Kerri Arthur said...

But... it was from the Chairman himself!!! it must be real!!!

Just like the National Enquirer, Thats real news...Right? I mean they wouldn't print it if it wasn't true!?!

HA!
Love those!

Have a great day.
Kerri

Nancy said...

Oh that Ben! I'm sure you signed up right away. As Michael, boss on The Office said, "When the nephew of the deposed king of Nigeria asks you to help, you help." What a laugh.

WW said...

I love it how the grammar is always horribly bad on those letters. I also wonder who falls for these things, I know I don't have any long-lost relatives in Nigeria (or maybe I don't know, especially if they're long-lost), but you'd think you would get a call or a certified letter saying you have money you're entitled to.

Sandra said...

My how times change! A few months ago when it was sent to me I was only offered 2 million. LOL!

FairyFiligree said...

I get these everyday - wonder when they're gonna give up. I love your blog and wonder if yo have a tutorial about how to make oven mittens/holders/gloves? I have lots of scraps I'd love to use for the purpose...any advice?