Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Spring In My Step

For most, as soon as March swings around and the cooler weather starts to dissipate, Spring seems to fill the air. With just the changing of a calendar page, a new state of mind is gleaned. Living here in the islands, the weather really doesn't define each season as much as many other places in the country or the world. It must have been the Easter baskets at Walmart that gave me my new-found perspective. That's probably what it was. Unfortunately, retail pretty much dictates the seasons over here. Pretty sad.







Let me introduce you to Betty Lou and Bunny Sue. Two cuties made from small pieces of wood, fabric, a little paint and a few other bits and bobs. Don't they look like they're waiting for Spring too? Only a few more weeks to go.

Wishing you a happy day.
Aloha!

2 comments:

Rowena said...

Betty and Bunny are both very cute. Lettie, keep bringing on these bits of creativity! Last night I checked out the idea of learning amigurumi because it looks like so much fun, but we'll see how far this idea goes...

As for the weather--this past Saturday it was 72 degrees. Yesterday it went from a sunny 55 and down to 40 and SNOWING within a matter of a few hours. Today's forecast is anybody's guess. Will the real spring day please stand up? :lol:

Marzia Melloni said...

Hello Arlette, I was very happy of to have receiver your mail and I hope that the continuous communication. It tells something of your country. You have some photograph? Just I visited your blog and I have dwelt on everything those attractive materials, from myself cost a lot!! The yours last intense activities are marvellous, you have some I model or diagram? For last I honored you of a prize, it goes from my blog in the next few days so you I make translate it. Smak Marzia