Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Checkbook Cover


In this day and age, I wonder how many people still have a need for these. Paper checks are probably going to be obsolete within the next decade. I remember writing a check in Walmart late last year and the young man behind me made a comment that he didn't know that people still wrote checks. He must have been in his late 20's or early 30's. I stumbled clumsily in my reply with some lame excuse that I can't even recall now, but inside, it made me feel like the dinosaur that I really am. I went home and immediately called my bank and requested a check card and started using it almost exclusively since then. I may not be the epitome of youth, but I surely don't want to be marked "aged" by my actions.

I periodically get asked if I make checkbook covers by customers at my craft fairs. For once, I will be able to say that I do. Of course, I'd better hop on the bandwagon before it's too late. After all, surely all of the young 'uns wouldn't want something that reminds them of their parents, would they. How yucky would that be?


Have a good evening.
Aloha!

***REMINDER***
For anyone who hasn't entered my tote bag giveaway, please scroll down to my March 15 entry and post to the comment section in order to be eligible. Don't forget to leave your blog or Flickr URL so that I'm able to contact you if you are the winner. A winner will be chosen on April 1.

2 comments:

Rowena said...

Paper checks going obsolete!?! Naaaaah! For the bigwig companies but not for the small guys.

I remember when assorted check designs were all the rage and you could have anything from the Simpsons to cute kittens gracing your "John Hancock". Come to think of it, that's probably why I'm still fond of checks--it's the act of signing your name with a flourish that gives it a little more pizazz.

Unknown said...

Believe it or not, I am still writing checks. My hubby and I do not own a check card either. I think we are still stuck in days gone by. As the kids say, "back in the day"!! I love your check book cover!!