Friday, March 13, 2009

Sweet Memories

Do you ever see or smell something and it instantly takes you back to a time or event in your life? This vintage quilt panel sent to me by my sweet friend Carrie of Cottage Cozy sure did that. Seeing the bold color book images brought back memories of my niece almost 30 years ago. As a child, she had a quilt very similar to this. Ahhh....sweet memories!

Don't you just love the color combo's of the 70's? Orange and yellow is such a happy combination.


The print is just so darling and the giraffe is just the sweetest.

I think you will enjoy following Carrie's blog, especially if you have a love of all things vintage. But, there's something there for everyone. She recently crafted some of the sweetest birdhouses, makes the cutest paper crafts, and she generously shares her favorite recipes too. Her blog is warm and inviting and makes you want to sit back, put your feet up, and just take in all of it's loveliness.


On another note, I don't have anything completed to show you. Do you ever have periods where you have so many new things that you would like to try out and then you just can't decide which one to do so you do nothing at all? Does that even make any sense??? Anyway, this is where I am at at the moment. Here is something that is ready to be put together but I just have no motivation to do so.


I hope you aren't like me and are happily creating beautiful things.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

Aloha!

14 comments:

Tolentreasures said...

I love the quilt top. I am there...too much started and don't know where to turn first. An entire free weekend, I hope that I get SOMETHING done!

Cathy

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Perhaps you just needed a "simple" break...time to just be. You have such a gift in creating beautiful things.
I am so glad you are pleased with the quilt top...you are a very kind "blogging" friend.
Stay Cozy, Carrie

Danetta said...

Yellow and Orange is my all time favorite color combination. When I was in high school in the 70's my room was decked out in those colors. That is such a cute quilt top.

Tudy said...

I get to that point often, but I have friends that keep asking me what I am making so I have to do something to get them off my back. Just kidding, I love them all.

Gracie said...

I'm in that mode at the moment. What you are working on is so pretty you just have to finish it so we can see a peak. Maybe it will inspire me too.

Suze said...

I understand totally. I have been working on scrappy rugs and am getting a bit tired of that, but don't know what to do next. I want to use more scraps, but can't decide what to make from them.

Anonymous said...

Those colors remind of me days past too. I relate to what you wrote, with so many choices I sometimes spin my wheels with indecision about what to do first. It can be overwhelming. I hate wasting time on just trying to make a decision but I do it.
Have a great weekend :D

AverettLadyNana said...

Love the quilt top!
Thanks for telling us about Cottage Cozy---nice blog.

Craftpassion said...

Yeh, the smell of some old memories, how can I ever forget!!!
Get some rest and just do whatever you like first, forget about the priority!!!

sweetiepie said...

Lettie, that is a beautiful quilt top!!! Cari has a wonderful blog. I visit there often.

I don't know what your pictured project is going to be, but I sure do love your fabric choices. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Take care.

Susan said...

Those times of rest just recharge us for the next creative adventure.

Juana Elena said...

hello mi friend,que hermosa tela te ha enviado tu amiga Carrie,es linda,que tengas un hermoso dia,saludos.....

sweetiepie said...

Lettie, I love the new background on your blog.

Stephanie D said...

I can identify with the nostalgia, but not the 70s colors! I still think they're ugly--as well as the pink/aqua combos of the 50s. And I lived through both.

Oh, well.