Friday, July 9, 2010

Las Vegas Themed Party Favors

We will be celebrating my dad's 80th birthday this weekend so I put together some quick and easy party favors for the occasion. The only vacation spot that my dad has ever been to (like a gazillion times) is Las Vegas so I thought that the favors should reflect his favorite place on earth.

The Hershey's Nuggets look like gold bullion to me so I thought that it would be appropriate for the occasion. I had an unused deck of playing cards laying around so I decided to use it to create a vessel to hold the "gold".


I used a rubber stamp to make tags and used a scallop paper punch to punch each of them out.


Double sided extra sticky tape was used to anchor the candy to the card and to each other. Holes were punched on both ends of the cards and a thin ribbon was threaded through to tie it together in a neat little bundle.


I absolutely love these simple Las Vegas style party favors and the best part of all is that they took under 2 hours to make.


Wishing you a fabulous weekend! Viva Las Vegas!

Aloha!

12 comments:

BubzRugz said...

What clever party favours - they look really great.... Hugz from Bubz

Anonymous said...

What a very wonderful idea. I hope you and your family have a really special day

Talin's Corner said...

Happy Birthday to your dad! Wow I can't believe that it only took you two hours to make them, they look fabulous.

Jeanne said...

Happy Birthday to your dad! The party favors are so cute! Everyone will love them.

Amy said...

Love 'em, Lettie!! What will you think of next? I can't wait to see. Your ideas delight me...hope your dad's birthday is fabulous!

Love,
Amy

Merry said...

Such a clever idea....I wish your Dad a happy birthday and hope you all have a wonderful get together.

sweetiepie said...

What fun party favors. I don't blame your Dad, Vegas is my first choice too. Please wish him Happy Birthday for me.

Take care.

Annette said...

What a great idea. Congratz with your dad...

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday to your Dad! I think it is great that you are having a wonderful get together for him. Your favors are cute.

MeMonkey said...

Hi there - I love all the projects you've posted on your blog. For someone who says you don't have a lot of time, you sure get a lot of projects done. I wish I could do half of the things you've created here. I am so inspired! Thanks for sharing your ideas.
Michelle - from the garage sales :)

Vernie and Tony said...

Hi Lettie, I love your blog!! I am amazed on a daily basis by your imagination and creativity!! You are such an inspiration!! If I ever get to be so lucky to go to Hawaii, I'm looking you up! lol
Honestly, your so awesome! Thank you for keeping this blog and inspiring crafers!
Laverne from Idaho

Denise said...

I loved your blog. It´s very,very beautiful. Kiss.