Friday, July 2, 2010

Finale--Paper Flower Wreath

I cannot tell you how happy I am that this is the last entry of the paper flower wreath tutorial. I was slowly losing enthusiasm as the week went by. I must say, although long and dragged out, I am very pleased with the way it all came together.


I used a doubled piece of floral wire to form a hanger for the wreath. Two small holes were made in the wreath base with the point of a scissors and the wire was fed through and twisted off in the front of the wreath. The flowers will cover the unsightliness of the wire.


This is what the wire on the back of the wreath looks like. I gave it a couple of twists to form a loop that will be used for hanging.


Because the rosettes are pretty flat, I decided to use paper spacers to slightly lift it from the wreath base. I cut strips of paper measuring 3/8" x 17" and rolled each of them tightly, adding glue as I went along. I glued a paper circle to the backside of each rosette before gluing on the spacer.


Begin by arranging the anchor flowers evenly on the wreath base. Apply hot glue to the base of each spacer and glue the rosettes in place.


Fill in with both medium and filler flowers. Hot glue in place.


The combination of colors and textures of the flowers worked out well for this wreath.


It was fun to make but I am glad that it is finally finished.


Please leave me a message in the comment section of this post if you made this wreath. I would love to link.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone. Happy Fourth!

Aloha!

15 comments:

carla said...

Hi!!! I did not make one...yet!!! IT is beautiful!!! Wow!!! Thanks and hugs

Country Girl in the City said...

It's beautiful!!! I'd love to try making one, but it will not happen any time soon. There is never enough time in a day.

Mari Carmen, (Onox) said...

¡¡¡¡¡Es precioso, no parece que sean de papel!!!, ¿se podrían hacer de tela?.... eres una artista, todo lo que haces es precioso. Voy a seguir tus tutoriales para hacer los trabajos tan lindos que nos ofreces. Perdona pero no hablo inglés,espero que puedas traducirlo
Un abrazo

Rumi said...

Turned out wonderful. You always make the nicest things!

Annette said...

Made that wreath??? how... it looks to easy in your pictures but it isn't.....
I love the wreath... so beautifull

Deb said...

Your wreath is wonderful Lettie. Well worth the effort!!

sweetiepie said...

Lettie, I haven't made the wreath but I wanted to say how beautiful it is. Your creativity amazes me.

Thanks for sharing.

Lora Joy said...

Hard to believe its made out of paper! Its so beautiful!

Ashley said...

I love this wreath! It is amazing! I stumbled upon your blog and I am amazed! You are so talented!
I gave you an award on my blog, hope you'll stop by and take a peak!
Ashley @ No Apologies
http://noapologycrafts.blogspot.com/2010/07/why-thank-you.html

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

I loved your wreath series- its gorgeous! The flowers are so pretty. I think I might need to make one for my in-need-of-summer porch. I'll be linking as well, thanks for posting this!

Mom2fur said...

It's gorgeous and totally worth effort you put into it. You'll have it for years, too, unlike a fresh flower wreath. You should make a note of all the patriotic holidays, but, frankly, I'd hang it all summer long!

Kim D. said...

Another beautiful projects, thanks for sharing again.

Loly said...

Hi Letty! I'm amazed at all the beautiful things you do! I'm crazy still do not know which to do first! is the best blog in the world! I congratulate you and has one more fan! I do not speak English but the explanations are so well made that all means!

a million thanks for your creativity

blessings to you!

Loly

Mary said...

The wreath is so cute. You do such darling things. I love to read about what you are up to next. Have a great day.

Emily said...

This will be on my to-do list! Lovely results!