Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Little Bit of This and That

Hello. I'm over here. Can you see me? I'm under the pile of fabric in the middle of my sewing room. Hehehe! No, not really, but I will admit to feeling overwhelmed and it is starting to feel like there are a million things weighing down on me. I sure wish that I were better organized. It would come in handy as the holiday season approaches.

I'd like to thank you all for stopping by my blog. Please know that I appreciate and read each and every one of your comments. Mahalo Nui Loa (thank you very much) for taking the time to visit and to see what I am up to.

I would like to start off by showing you some of the beautiful gifts that I have recently received.

Emy is from the amazing country of Italy. She sent me the cutest, and I mean THE CUTEST frosted pink cupcake embellished apron and potholders along with some very beautiful yellow lace. As you can see, she does fantastic work. Thank you, Emy, I will cherish and think of you whenever I use these beautiful gifts. You are absolutely the sweetest! Emy does not have a blog but she does display her fabulous work here




Isabella is another wonderful person whom I have had the opportunity to meet through blogging. She has a blog called I Just Love To Stitch where you can see her beautiful sticheries and quilts. She sent me some lovely souvenirs from her home in Australia along with some beautiful fabric that reminds me of an antique table cloth. Thank you, Isabella. I love every gift that you sent me.


Remember this apron that I made several months ago? Well, I finally built up the nerve and entered it in Pat Sloan's Show Me Your Apron Challenge.


I'm sure that many of you are already familiar with quilt artist and book author, Pat Sloan. I am so happy to report that my apron placed in the Most Creative category. She sent me a couple of fat quarters from her Arabella fabric line along with a pattern for her Bella's Bloom quilt. Thank you, Pat. I absolutely adore it! Her blog is a fun read so stop by if you can.


I hope you are having a wonderful week. I am feverishly running around like a chicken without a head. It's that time of year.

Take care!

Aloha!

8 comments:

sweetiepie said...

Congratulations, Lettie! I am not surprised that you won for most creative apron. Like I have always said, you are the most creative person I know.

Are you working on a lot of things for your November craft shows?

Take care.

Sandra :) said...

Miss Lettie, it's always so nice to hear from you :) Your gifts are wonderful, as is your apron - congratulations! Please take it easy (as much as is possible, anyways!) so you don't get overly stressed!!!

Annieofbluegables said...

I love your blog. How fun you got stuff clear from the other side of the world and sooooo cute!
your apron is so very cute. I love it. It's my favorite color too.
I feel a bit overwhelmed too. When your health gets in the way of your progress, it is no fun. But I am getting better
I will send good thoughts your way.
~a

Suze said...

Congratulations! What a great prize!

Sunitha said...

Congratulations Arlette its wonderful to hear all your news!

My Life and Quilting said...

Hi Lettie.... Please take time to smell the roses... I love your apron... You always do such amazing work... You are an inspiration to us all... Keep up the great sewing... Oh, Congraulation on your win... What wonderful gifts... You deserve it... Remember take time for yourself... :)

Stephanie D said...

Wow, Lettie, you bowl me over as usual! That apron is pretty enough to be a skirt!

And what lovely gifts! Couldn't go to a nicer gal.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Most definitely a gorgeous apron deserving of recognition. It's beautiful, Lettie. Congrats.