Thursday, April 14, 2011

Easter Treats

These sweet treats have long been favorites of local island keiki (children). Although they aren't a traditional Easter treat, their "almost conical" shape reminds me of a carrot. I know, crazy imagination, right?


So....a carrot patch of confectionery goodness was born.


I created a paper wrapper to cover the outside of the container. Decorations were added with embossing and rubber stamping prior to being adhered over the wrapper.


A 3-inch paper scallop was adhered to the top of the seal.


To make the carrot top base, I used a 2-inch paper scalloped circle. I scored two parallel lines down the center of the scallop and folded both sides upward on the score lines (like a flat-bottomed taco shell).


I used a Sizzix die to create some frilly leaves. I sandwiched the leaves into the "taco shell" and brought both sides together and glued it into place.


Glue was added to the base of the carrot top which was then glued onto the center of the lid.


This fits the bill for a quick and easy Easter treat. I don't care to put too much energy into what I consider "throw away crafts." The kids will rip right into it, eat it's sweet contents, and in minutes the wrapper will hit the trash can. This way, I won't feel like too much of my hard work went into the trash can along with it.

Thank you for dropping by my blog and for your sweet and encouraging comments. I apologize for not being very attentive to my blog lately. It isn't because of any specific reason, just laziness I guess. I hope to do better in the future.

All the best to you.

Aloha!

12 comments:

MandMStudio said...

Such a cute idea :) and I love that candy, they sell it at the international store where I use to live.

julietk said...

I agree a cute idea :-) and far too nice to end up in the trash I hope some of the small recipients decide to keep it a while.

Nile e Richard said...

Oi Arlete.
Linda idéia para páscoa.
Parabéns pela criação.
bjtos.Nile.

Merry said...

Oh you are so clever....a wonderful idea.

Brenda is SO Blessed said...

good to "see" you. I have missed your sweet posts

Annette said...

I always love your posts, whenever you are able to make them. And this project is another winner...adorable!

Sue from Ky. said...

Good to see you back . You always have the neatest crafts.I wish I could be just a fraction of that neat.I love browsing through your many wonderful posts and trying my hand at some of your neat creations.

Nancy said...

Really clever idea! Hope they get the sweet treat out from the bottom to preserve the elements.

Tins and Treasures said...

Good evening, Arlette,
You always have the cutest ideas.

Have a wonderful weekend. ~Natalie

Maylee said...

What a cute idea! My kids love the "yan yan"!

Annieofbluegables said...

My problem is that I would not consider this a throw-away craft and would hang on to it LONG after the event because so much work seemed to go into it. So clever. Happy Easter
~a

rozhearts said...

Welcome back Arlette and with another clever craft idea. I too love reading your blog with all your clever ideas. I certainly wouldn't want to see that beautiful creation spoiled but we all know what kids are like they just like pressies.
(((HUGS))) Roz.