Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Hmmmm........

The possibilities, endless. Who knew these little orange knitted pieces could be so versatile. Smurf parachutes, baby bonnets, golf club covers, nose warmers, booties, Peruvian hats, jock straps, sling shots, gnome hats, cushions, and baby blankets. Whew, the one thing that I can say, hands down, is that creativity abounds in Blogland!


Used as a golf club cover, one would never be at a loss in determining if the clubs belonged to you.


I think they look better when viewed from the other side.


Cute, but something isn't quite right.


A view from the side...I'm not diggin' it.


Kinda reminds me of the leather football helmets that were worn in the early 1900's, but with a fluorescent 60's kind of flair.


Nose warmer. Maybe. Along with your nose, there is enough room left over to fit your compact, a tube of lipstick, and an afternoon snack.


Jock strap. It kind of gives me the itchies just looking at it.


Uhmmm.....NEXT!


Cushions...baby blankets...a very good possibility.


I don't care for how high the leaves are raised (approx. 1-3/4"). Kinda reminds me a bit of the dorsal fin of an orca in captivity. You know, kind of slumped over and floppy. I must say that this has possibilities though.


Thank you to everyone, everywhere, (including the wonderful women in the care home) for your creative suggestions. You have saved twenty-two people from humiliation. I mean, wearing a fluorescent orange bra in 2010 is so, uhm, 60's!


Sorry that I have been missing in action lately. I have been working my fingers to the bone, but yet have so little to show for it. I stare daily at random piles of fabric pieces that end up overwhelming me. I can't seem to concentrate on any one task to completion. Harumph!


A finished project. One down, so many more to go!


Have a fun-filled Autumn day, everyone!

Aloha!

9 comments:

cottonreel said...

I love all the suggestions you had for the knitted pieces ,--cottonreel

Nile e Richard said...

Oi Lettie.
As sugestões das malhas são boas mas achei a do cobertor bem melhor.
Os trabalhos prontos são lindos,são cartões??
Quanto ao seu projeto logo a indisposição passa e voce termina.
bjtos no coração.
Nile.

Melody said...

Thank you for making me smile with your inventive post.

Little Ivy Garden said...

Smile? I laughed until my husband had to come see what I was looking at. What a hoot! Thanks for all of the visuals. It made my day!
By the way, try poking the leaves down so there is a dip in the center of them. I think you will like it better.

sweetiepie said...

Cute ideas...lol.

Take care.

Merry said...

That was the funniest post.....so enjoyed all the different poses by the hedgehog. Thanks so much for the smile.

Kath said...

How delightful to see all that colour, on a grey English autumn day!

Tolentreasures said...

What a funny post! Thanks for the laugh!

Cathy

Unknown said...

Hallo,
I love to look at your site, beautiful .
I think the little orange knitted ....objects could be night socks to wear to bed, what you show in the picture is the back side, the heel.

Gabriella