Wednesday, May 27, 2009

One Space Down

My desk is clean! My elbows are free and unobstructed by the mess that surrounded it each time I sat at the computer. One down, many more areas to go, but at least it's a start.


I would like to send out a group hug and a big thank you to Sue, Shannon, Connie W, Busym 1, The Artful Hooker, Kaye, Sherri, Annie of Blue Gables, Suze, Kath, Robyn, Sweetiepie, SG, Rumi, Deb, Terry, Lilly, and Carrie P for all your support. A big thank you also goes out to Kristin. For some reason, my computer wouldn't let me enter your site for me to post a link. You all could have called me names(like Miss Piggy), but no, not you nice people. You offered me encouragement instead and I'm very grateful for that. I enjoyed reading your comments about your struggles with your supplies and would love to hear about how you manage to keep it under control. As you can see, I can use any tip that you may have to offer.

Part of the fun of straightening up my room is discovering things that I haven't seen in a while. This is an assortment of novelty buttons that I've collected over the years. Funny thing is, I can't think of a single project to use them in.


Well, today I'll be heading upstairs to try to condense some of the supplies in my closet. This will allow me to return some of the items that are taking up space in my craft room. See you when the dust clears.

Aloha!

18 comments:

Carrie P. said...

Isn't it so nice to have friends who care.
Cute buttons.

~Michelle~ said...

I didn't comment yesterday, but I did think it was refreshing to see somebody admit to their mess - I love pictures of perfect craft rooms, but often wonder how often they actually look that perfect. Because I live in a little apartment, I get yelled at if my sewing expands to too many areas - hubby keeps me in check! ;) It's sort of nice to have visitors, I have to put it all away, and it comes back out slowly once they're gone!

Anonymous said...

Well the buttons are cute enough to continue keeping in your stash; perhaps a use for them will suddenly come up and you'll be all ready.

Deb said...

Great progress on the desk area! Doesn't it feel great to actually see that you have a desk? LOL I have so been there with that. Like where is my sewing machine? Well, it's under all that fabric, etc.! Well one thing down, and more to go, but what a fantastic start!

Annette said...

Wow, your desk looks great! We do crafts to keep our hands busy and to be creative...I guess you could say organizing is sort of the same thing....sort of.

Kristin said...

Wow...I am completely impressed. I've been avoiding my mess by working on my garden.

JG said...

When you enjoy making new things little piles of supplies seem to grow. I write this after looking around my sewing/computer room...

Your collection of buttons is great! They will come in handy. Suddenly, you will need buttons and you already have them. Mine are in a Ziploc container.

RG said...

Wooohoo Lettie!!
Look at you go!!
Doesn't it feel good to get that one spot done?
Carry on girl and gather momentum as you go!! I love your buttons too..they are so cute and I could see them on a wallhanging or two..
Trust me... you make me feel so normal and if I could I'd help you ferret around and sort out.
Enjoy re-discovering... it's like going shopping all over again.
big hugs
Robyn xx

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Looks great...one area at a time!

Carrie

sweetiepie said...

Lettie, your desk area looks great! It does help to break down a big job into small parts. That way it won't seem so overwhelming.

Before you know it, you will be organized and ready to create,

Take care.

Unknown said...

Just catching up and can see you have quite an organizational project on your hands. Although you have made some terrific progress! In the end, doesn't it feel great to have everything in its place? Love the buttons!

wendy said...

Okay, it's time for me to start tackeling my craft room!!!!

Stephanie D said...

I had so much reorganizing to do when I painted my sewing room, and now it's getting messy again before I've finished getting things all done and back in place. But it has been nice to re-discover things and projects I'd forgotten I had!

Suze said...

Your desk looks great! What a great start! Those are cute buttons, my students would love to use those for the crazy quilts they are currently making.

SG said...

Good work! Little by little, that's the way!

Busym1 said...

Love those buttons! Your desk looks awesome! Have a great day! Michelle

Terry said...

Your desk looks amazing now! It's always easier once the first mess is cleaned up because then you want everything else to look just as nice! I love finding things when I clean too! And those buttons serve a purpose just by being fun to look at! :0)

Anonymous said...

Lettie,

Hadn't popped by for a while. I am enjoying catching up with your blog.

Hugs!