Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Part Three: Paper Flower Wreath Tutorial

We are on the home stretch in our wreath making journey. This is a simple flower to make and will be used as the "filler" in the wreath.


Begin by punching 36 flowers from a 1-1/4" 6-petal paper punch.
Cut into the center and remove one petal.
Overlap two petals and glue in place.


Make a small hole in the center of the flower with a large needle or the tip of a scissors.
Roll each of the petals toward the back of the flower using a skewer or something similar.
Add a button to a 2-inch piece of wire. Loop the wire through two button holes. Squeeze the wire together on the back of the button. Add glue to the back of the button and glue it into the center of the flower.


They look so cute clustered together in a little bouquet.


See you on Friday for the wreath finale. Have a nice day!

Aloha!

4 comments:

Annette said...

Those are stunning!!

sweetiepie said...

That is a cute little flower. I can't wait to see the finished wreath. Thanks for sharing.

Take care.

Michelle Cooper said...

Hi, greetings from Dover in the UK.

I only found your blog a couple of days ago and have had a lovely time reading many of your fantastic tutorials. I already have my eye on some of my husband's t-shirts for yarn. Do you think he'll notice if a few go astray? The paper flowers are great. Would it be OK if I use/adapt some of your ideas with my Guides (Girls Scouts)?

antonella said...

ciao!
I love this tutorial and I'd like to create your nice flowers for my sister's next birthday but I have a big big problem...
in Italy, where I live, I'm not able to find the punchers you use.... first of all the "2-inch scallop"...
can you help me writing if you know an American site where I can buy them?
thanks so much for your answer (if you can) and for your lovely tutorials!
antonella