Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My First

This is the handbag that started my love affair with handbag design. I can't believe that it's been over a decade since I designed this. Time really flies. It is my baby, my first. I was so thrilled about it's popularity back in the day.

Of course, another drawstring closure, my signature at the time. The outside fabric forms a large pocket on both sides of the bag which makes it perfect for keeping keys or sunglasses within easy reach.

I hope you're all having a wonderful day!

Aloha!

12 comments:

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

You have sure made a lot of beautiful handbags, Arlette!
And so many different styles, too!

Carrie

Plum Blossom Lane said...

Very cute! Love the fabric.

Lindi said...

I can understand it being very popular. It would still be popular today if it was "out there".

Unknown said...

I love this one too. Seriously, Lettie, you should publish these as patterns.

Vicki ♥ said...

Definately fantastic!! I really like this design and think that the pockets on the outside like you have put them is a great idea.

Anonymous said...

My goodness if you published these patterns I'd want them all! I am still in love with drawstring closures and big pockets :)

Craftpassion said...

I love the big pocket in front, it really handi for keeping keys and sunglasses and some tissues. Great bag, Lettie!!!

Janine said...

Hi Arlette,
you are so creative and full of good ideas.
My compliments,
greatings from germany
Janine

My Life and Quilting said...

Letti.... Hi, I love your blog and follow it all the time... I enjoy your Tutorial's... Are you a teacher? Do you teach quilting? You are very good at it... Thanks for a great blog....Keep Sweing... Jean M. :)

sweetiepie said...

I think this is a great design. All your ideas are so creative and innovative. Thanks for sharing.

Stephanie D said...

Very cute! I prefer purses and bags with outside pockets for just that reason--so I can get to my keys and my sunglasses without having to dig.

Beertje Zonn said...

What a beautiful bag!
Kind regards,

Bear Zonn
from the Netherlands