Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Busier Than a Raccoon in Tall Corn

I've been keeping myself really busy creating my newfound love, mini albums. I have found inspiration in many places and have been learning so much. If you haven't tried this yet, be aware that it can create a huge obsession.

These are a few of the pages of the album that I am currently working on. Many pages have journaling spots, pull-out tags, and areas for photos. It is all very detailed and time consuming and I am loving every minute of it.


I have also been playing with ribbon. Yards and yards of the stuff. I am in the process of making 2 more lei for upcoming graduations. By the way, I've received inquiries about why I do not add an 's' when speaking about lei in plural. There is no 's' in the Hawaiian language. The Hawaiian alphabet consists of the following 12 letters: a, e, h, i, k, l, m, n, o, p, u, w. I do agree that it gets pretty weird when combining English and Hawaiian in one sentence, but it is never proper to include an 's' when speaking in plural. Just thought you'd like to know in case you were wondering the same thing too.

I am so happy with the way my necklace turned out and have plans to make many more in different colors. It looks so delicate and pretty around the neck. It is a thinner version of my bracelet and I must say that I love it!


I hope you are having a creative day. Thanks for droppin' by!

Aloha!

9 comments:

Kristin said...

Those are truly beautiful pieces of jewelry.

Bluebell said...

Hi Lettie, the mini books are just delicious I would love for you to do a tutorial on these, I am one of those people who have to see how it's done before I can do it myself and then the ideas will flow.
Love Jillxx

grendelskin said...

Your lei are so beautiful, you must have a place to buy ribbon wholesale! (At least I hope you do!) Love the little albums too.

sweetiepie said...

Lettie, your mini albums are beautiful!!! I tried to do this once, but I am just not that patient. Your jewelry is really neat too. Thanks for sharing.

Take care.

Kath said...

LOL I love the title of this post Lettie, I have been working hard painting my bedrooms, now I can't wait to tell my family and freinds that Ive been busier then a raccon in tall corn!

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

I have not been one to work with paper much but after seeing these, I think I will dig out some old stashed away supplies and give it a try. YOU sure have a crafty mind and can come up with awesomes works of art.

Talin's Corner said...

I love your mini album pages. They are absolutely beautiful.

Sandra said...

The detials in your mini albums are so creative! These would make wonderful gifts. Very nice!

Suze said...

very pretty!


What happened to your blog settings though? you are showing with just a small comment in the blog reader instead of the full posts like before...