Thursday, August 14, 2008

Candy Apple

A friend let me borrow her yo-yo makers to see how well I liked them. My opinion is that they are very interesting gadgets but probably something that I won't be purchasing for myself. I especially wanted to give the heart maker a try to see if it was any easier than doing it the old fashioned way. Well, I guess to a certain extent, it did speed up the process a bit. I made a couple red ones with the yo-yo maker and the white one the old fashioned way. Of course, being left with several "spare" hearts, I decided to turn them into this...

Sweet and Juicy Red Candy Apple.


Please know that what you have been seeing this week are just prototypes. That means that they are my first trials on an idea. The end product may not look exactly the same.

I want to give a high five to Lorraine of Paper Vernissage for her very witty comment yesterday regarding the swirly icing flower. Quoting Lorraine, "Half of a yo-yo - would that be a yo! Sorry, couldn't resist. It does remind me of those icing flowers. So very pretty!"

I chuckled after reading her comment. I think she does have a point. In honor of Lorraine, I shall call it a "Yo" from now on. Thanks, Lorraine!

Also, I would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to everyone who has been commenting lately. I have seen quite a few new names in my comments. I look forward to meeting you all and reading your blogs. I know that I have been very bad about returning comments lately, but hopefully I will be able to visit with all of you before the weekend is up.

As you have probably guessed, I'm still running around like a chicken without a head. I'll be very busy with numerous household matters from today and throughout much of the weekend. In case I cannot post tomorrow, please have a fabulous weekend!

Aloha!

7 comments:

SUE said...

Hi - love your Candy Apple and your flowers. Over here in the UK I've seen something sort of similar (but not quite) which are called Suffolk Puffs (I think - lol) either ways they are lovely. And those cup cakes - good enough to eat ....

sweetiepie said...

The candy apple is very cute and reminds me of fall, which is just around the corner. Around here we have several orchards and many of the small towns have apple festivals in the autumn. There is usually a lot of candy apples during these events. Yum.

Have a great weekend.

Lorraine said...

Thanks for the high five! Once again you have created cuteness. I'm going to have to look up how to do these heart yo-yos. At one point I had been collecting fabric with hearts on it for a charm quilt. This might be a good challenge to use that fabric for. Thanks for the inspiration.

Stephanie D said...

I think I like the candy apple even better than the bears!

Annette said...

I have always wanted to try the yo-yo makers. Am still thinking about it. I love your apple. It is cooling down here and almost autumn, my favorite season. Apples are a perfect decoration for this time of year.

Lilly said...

very cute, but I like the bears better. Don't worry about not responding to my comment. I realize that you are busy and I am grateful that you take the time to continue posting your beautiful projects. Have a wonderful day....

CM2 said...

Oh my ... just when I think you've exhausted your repertoire', you do it again! A former colleague's
"teacher" birthday is coming up and I wanted to do it with an apple theme! Of course this one struck my eye! I know that you mentioned it was a prototype but could I still ask a few questions?
1. Does it have a front/back like the lollipops?
2. What are the sizes of both yo yo's?
Thanks again for sharing! ^o^ CM2